She finally stopped hiding, and let all of us see that she is a little baby girl. Sisters, how sweet. I can't wait to pull out all of the baby clothes and use these again. How perfect that they will be 23 months apart, so seasonally, everything should work out just fine. What I am not looking forward to--pulling out the swing. Baby Girl loves to swing and she is going to be pissed that she can't get in the house swing. She also loves the Intellitainer, but I don't care if she gets in this, she can't get hurt. And the new baby will not use it for about 3 or 4 months.
We just returned from a 2 week Disney vacation--well, Mark worked for half of it, but the rest of the time was vacation. We had a great time. One day when we were down there, I woke up and felt the baby moving in all sorts of new ways. I guess overnight she decided it was time to start getting ready. I had a good feeling that we would know the gender when we returned. I was pretty confident that she was no longer breech. We stayed at a Disney hotel, just across the street from Downtown Disney. It was great because any package we purchased at Disney could be delivered to our hotel, free of charge.
We had a 7-day pass to the parks so we went to all 4, and to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom twice. The employees at Disney are all trained very well. They do a great job of making you happy and keeping the place spotless. And they enforce the no-smoking policy. I thought this was great. I always hate going to crowded events where people are smoking. Aside from the smell, which makes my stomach turn during pregnancy, I am always afraid I will get burned when walking past someone.
I was pleasantly surprised that I could ride the majority of the rides. I had fully intended to sit outside while Mark and Baby Girl enjoyed the fun. The only thing they went on that I could not, was the Jungle Safari at Animal Kingdom. I did this last year, so it was no big deal. I highly recommend it to anyone going to Animal Kingdom--and get the FastPass as soon as you arrive, because they are usually gone by 1 or 2 pm.
MGM was the only park that I found disappointing. It was a sea of concrete, difficult to navigate, and not really too much to do. However, the real problem was the dining choices. There were very few quick places that had AC, and all of the full service places were booked months ago. If you plan to go to MGM, make dining reservations in advance. They start booking 180 days out. The same goes for all of the parks. However, aside from the Character dining, most places can accommodate you if you call a day or so in advance. We did take Baby Girl to a 30 minute musical production of Beauty and the Beast. She loved it. She watched and danced and pointed through most of it. Only a few times did she completely seem uninterested. 20 minutes would probably have been better for her, but even so, I was happy to see her enjoy herself.
Magic Kingdom is really the best of the parks. There are so many rides and the parades and fireworks at the end of the evening were really spectacular. We sat at a table near Main Street, where you could see the parade, and then we could get ice cream and wait 30 minutes for the fireworks to star. The fireworks were slightly blocked by the trees, but since Baby Girl is so young, we figured, it was better for us to be comfortably sitting while waiting. As we waited for the fireworks, many people walked by, looking for a spot to sit. It was funny to listen to the 40-50 year old dads comment about the possibility of seeing Tinker Bell fly by from our location. She was blocked for a moment, but then you could see her just fine.
Animal Kingdom is beautiful. It is easy to forget you are in an amusement park while you are there. And they have lots of good snack options. Some of the places have a great fruit and cheese tray. It was nice to have a change from traditional snacks. They did a good job of creating traditional looking structures throughout the park.
Epcot had great food in the World Showcase. I had been wanting a gyro for months, and when we went to Morocco for lunch, I saw it as soon as we walked it. Baby Girl was asleep in her stroller, so were were lucky enough to enjoy a great lunch without a squirming baby. The Future World Showcase had some fun rides, and some interesting organic gardens, but some of the inovention stuff left off with the advances of the Internet--the Internet starting getting big almost 15 years ago now. If they don't update soon, they may need to change the name from Future World. This was the most relaxing of the parks, lots of rides and shows in the AC. We watched a movie about France that made me want to travel there. We found a great spot to watch the fireworks and light show.
Well, that is about it for all of the parks. Downtown Disney was great. They had lots of fun free shows for children. One night while Mark worked I took Baby Girl to Wolfgang Puck's for dinner (we ate there like 6 nights because it was so good). After dinner we went by the lake where two Disney employees were doing a dance and singing show that had all sorts of follow-me dances. Baby Girl was out there dancing and following along as best as she could. She was knocked over a few times by some older children, and once by a crazy mom, but she would just get right back up and start dancing again. We stayed for about 2 hours, then i took her back to the room, where she was down for the night. I did not have my video camera with me since I was by myself. I would have loved to have some footage of that night.
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment