We have been keeping really busy these days. I try to get Baby Girl out every day for some sort of activity. It may be hot outside, but it is easier to keep her happy if there are other children to play with or slides to run around on. Last week we went to Tower Grove Park for a children's concert series. It was really great. It was all different percussion instruments and music from around the world. The park is a city park and the neighborhood has really beautiful old huge homes that are just gorgeous to look at. My parents considered moving to this area a few years back so we toured many homes. The neighborhood is still in a bit of flux, but mostly it seems to be just a few pockets where it is not so nice. The one thing that took me by suprise was the lack of diversity at the performance, given the neighborhood. Not that St. Louis is that diverse, because it is not. We do have the largest Bosnian population of any city in the US, but even they are European. However, for this sort of event I would have expected more diversity. Even the preschools that attended were overwhelmingly white. Additionally, all of the musicians were white. In DC, if you were going to hear music from East Africa, more than likely, an East African would be the one to play that music. Not that the musicians were not tallented. I actually thought it was cool to see 4 white guys playing music from all over the world.
My parents put up the tape for the stripes in Baby Girl's room. So Mark just has to paint the other two pink colors and then we just need to do the polka dots in the baby's room. My mom is working on the bedding. I am hoping in two weeks that the rooms are ready to go. I would like to wash baby clothes this weekend and get at least some put away. I am starting to get tired. With Baby Girl I was comfortable up until the weekend before she was born. This time, all the playing on the floor and chasing a toddler has me wanting to give birth sooner than later. Although, I'm not sure it will be easier with a newborn and a toddler, but at least I will be able to move faster.
Baby Girl has started to love swimming. The other day at the pool she wore her vest, and I put her in a ring and she would not let me hold the ring. She wanted to "swim" on her own. So she kicked her little feet and made her way around the entire pool, singing and smiling the entire time. Now she wakes up in the morning saying pool, and doing the signs for cookie and ice cream.
She also loves Barney and loves to see him on TV and do the dances they do on the show. She is so funny to watch. She did not watch TV until about 15 months, and even though I thought I would hold off longer, she really has enjoyed the few shows she gets to see--Little Einsteins, Sesame Street, and Barney. We watch Little Einsteins after her nap when she is really crabby and she drinks her milk and has a few cookies and some grapes or other fruit. She loves patting to the music and today she started doing the ballet moves from the Blue footed booby bird episode. Too cute to watch. My favorite episode is the puppet princess. She asks for this one by saying puppet. When she watches it she likes to march with the puppets, and do the 3 dances to get the puppets out of the sticky sap. She must also have her triangle to play music along with the show. Mark and I need to get these on video. I need to get to bed. We have an early day at the park scheduled.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment