pregnancy

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Happy Memorial Day--a bit late

We hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday weekend. We attended a few parties and had a good time. Baby girl got to go swimming for the first time this season. Even though she went every day last summer, it was a bit of an adjustment getting in again this time. I had intended to take her a few times over the winter, but just never got it together to go, so now we need to make a big effort before heading off to Florida for Mark's conference. If I can't entertain her at the pool, the days will be very long. Sleeping in the hotel room watching Price is Right, Ellen and Oprah will not have the same appeal as it did last year when we went to Florida with Mark.

She did have one big fall this weekend. She was sitting in a little chair, reaching for pretzels on the table--never mind she already had about 5 in her hands, and the chair tipped forward, causing her to hit her head right on the metal outdoor table. I was sitting right behind her and as soon as I picked her up, her head was blue in the center. I placed her on my shoulder and then pulled her back to look again and a huge bump had already started to grow. My mom went to get my cell phone and another person went for ice. By the time they got back--less than a minute--she had already stopped crying and was searching for more pretzels. I called the doctor anyway, and just watched her the rest of the afternoon, but she seemed fine. Another mom there had a friend who is a nurse and the nurse suggested putting Vaseline on the bump to reduce bruising. It worked. The bump was nearly gone the next day and the bruise is fading quickly too. I have heard of this for cuts on the head, or witch hazel pads for stopping bruising, but maybe there is something to this too. I am always amazed at how fast babies heal.

No comments: