pregnancy

Sunday, June 10, 2007

still hiding

This little baby is giving us such trouble. He or She is still hiding. Maybe this means we can expect a shy, gentle, sweet little baby that colors and sits still to play with toys. There is probably no chance of that once the baby starts trying to imitate our sweet little Baby Girl. I just hope the baby moves before 32 weeks. I really don't want a manipulation--that sounds painful. Although labor sounds painful too, and that was not bad.

In fun news, we bought our double stroller. We took it out for a test today and it was so nice. We got the Maclaren Twin. It is a side by side stroller and I was concerned about fitting through doors, but never had any trouble at the mall. Baby girl of course wanted to continuously switch sides, but that will end once the new baby is beside her. I'm guessing we will need to wait about 4 months before we can actually use this stroller for both of them since it can't take an infant carrier, but that is not a problem because I will just sling the little one and keep using our single stroller. I just did not like the idea of the front and back seats. With most only one seat reclines and then once the baby in the back can kick, the one in the front will be frustrated with getting kicked, and I just don't see these as practical past the infant stage. Also, they are really difficult to steer. I like that the Peg Perego has a child tray, and the wheels seemed a bit bigger and less likely to get kicked since there are fewer in the back, but I have heard they fall apart easily. I have heard much better things about the Maclaren. I'll just buy some sort of activity bar for the front of the stroller.

We really only need a few things for the new baby--clothes if it is a boy, a bouncer because Baby Girl did not have one, I want a hotsling and a Maya wrap, and a bumbo--babies look so cute in these. Oh and I do want a new tummytime mat. I love the new rainforest Fischer Price one--and that is the bouncer we want too. We have everything else--we just need to set it all up again.

We need a few things for Baby Girl too-- a twin mattress for her new bed, a potty seat, a step stool for brushing teeth, and booster seat. She is quickly growing tired of her highchair, but she is too wiggly for the regular chair. Even when she is hungry and eating well, she moves around with such excitement that she has fallen out of her seat on occasion when I let her sit at the table for a meal. I can't believe she is getting so old.

I also bought some really cute outfits from Gymboree today. I love the new line. If you have a little girl, you need to check it out. We don't usually buy so much from one line, but we just could not resist--it all looked so cute. We of course had to wrestle her into the clothes in the store. At one point she was running loose in just a diaper. She did not get far, a sweet little 10-year-old girl helped us entertain her between outfit changes.

Well, I am up way too late. I must get to bed. But the laundry had not been put away in weeks, so I have been hanging and folding, and now I only have Baby Girl's clothes left to put away. We even carried up the rest of our summer clothes from the basement and put those away. I'm hoping to have the rest of the basement organized in the next two weeks.

No comments: